Imagine: Travelling to Paris

Where would you go if you could travel anywhere in the world this summer?


This was a question asked by Kenzie in her blog prompts for June. And for me, there's only one possible answer.
Source, used in accordance with Creative Commons licensing with alterations made by blog author.


Yes, Paris would most definitely be my answer. I don't think it would be a stretch to say that I've had an itinerary planned in the back of my mind for years now.

There would be days (yes, plural) spent in the Louvre. As an art history lover, it would be a must stop on the trip. But I wouldn't necessarily want to see the Mona Lisa. It's lovely, I'm sure, but Leonardo wasn't my favourite Renaissance artist and I tend to think he produced some other more interesting pieces. Plus, y'know, I'd like to avoid all those crowds. Instead I'd hit up the Venus de Milo, drop in on the Winged Victory of Samothrace, and then head into the slightly more modern era. A viewing of Liberty Leading the People is an absolute must - I am in France, after all.

And as I'm playing tourist, I'm not ashamed to say that I would hit all the major landmarks. The Champs Elysees is a must, but I'd also love to go down and view the catacombs of the city. Above all else though, I think I'd simply like to wander the city. I love the thought of not having a specific destination in mind but wandering to see where the old streets take me. The idea of eating brunch on a patio somewhere and watching the people go by - that honestly sounds delightful.

Where would you go, if you could go anywhere? Or, do you have any suggestions for my imaginary trip to the City of Light?

No comments:

Post a Comment